1. 50/50 Payday Raffles: Beginning in February, we will be holding a 50/50 raffle in both the middle school and high school on the 15th of each month. All proceeds will go to our student scholarship fund.
Yesterday, the Negotiations Committee sat down with members of the administration and Board of Education to ensure that the proposed block schedule does not violate the terms and conditions of employment. Now that any violations have been sorted out, the schedule will move back to the Block Schedule Committee for review.
1. Block Schedule: The CREA recently sent a Demand to Bargain letter to the administration over the proposed block schedule for next year. We did this because the schedules being presented to the Block Schedule Committee either violated our contract or drastically altered the terms and conditions of employment.
While the administration has a right to design a new schedule within our contractual hours/instructional minutes, the Demand to Bargain allows us to ensure that a switch to a block schedule will maintain all of our bargained rights (i.e., equal instructional minutes, overload stipends, etc.) and current terms and conditions of employment. This does not mean we are opening the contract.
- Education Support Professionals Conference: February 3 – 5 at the Hilton East Brunswick
- Health and Safety Conference: January 7 from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. at NJEA Headquarters in Trenton
- NJEA Legislative Conference: February 18 from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the Doubletree Somerset Hotel
- Winter Leadership: March 24 – 25 at the Hyatt Regency New Brunswick
Join hundreds of fellow NJEA members from across the state at our third annual early-career members networking event at the Haven Nightclub at the Golden Nugget in Atlantic City. Enjoy a free night out of music, dancing, food and good company and enjoy a brand new interactive game where you could be a big winner!
Wondering if you’re an “early career member”? If you’re in your first year, third year, or twentieth year, if you consider yourself early career, YOU ARE!
After a day of learning about how you can better yourself as an educator, speaking with fellow NJEA members and enjoying all the thrills of Atlantic City, you’re not going to want to miss this event!
It all takes place at the Haven Nightclub at the Golden Nugget Casino and Hotel in Atlantic City from 6-10pm.
Register today at http://www.njea.org/earlycareermembers/
- Filet Mignon
- Stuffed Chicken Florentine
- Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
- NJ Pension
On Monday September 19, 2016 the Assemble Education Committee released a bill A-4122 sponsored by Marlene Caride (D-36) which would eliminate standardized test scores for students as a measure of teacher evaluation in tested subject areas.
We need to let the Assembly know how important this bill is to us. Click the following link to send a message to the Assembly asking them to co-sponsor this bill and stand up for equity and fairness for educators across the state.
Click here to take action.