1. 50/50 Payday Raffles: Beginning in February, we will be holding a 50/50 raffle in both the middle school and high school on the 15th of each month. All proceeds will go to our student scholarship fund.
2. Benecard Issues: There have been a number of documented issues lately with Benecard, our prescription facilitator. If you have had an issue receiving/refilling any prescriptions, please contact a union rep if you haven’t already done so. We are working with the administration to identify and resolve all issues with Benecard.
3. Block Schedule: There is an article in The Berkeley Times titled, “Central Regional Block Scheduling to Roll Out in May,” which has led to some confusion. The new schedule will begin in September, not May.
On another block schedule note, the superintendent has penciled in Monday, February 27 as a professional day for additional training, where all teachers will be sent to a handful of districts to observe block lessons. The visit will not extend beyond our contractual hours, and is still pending Board approval. This professional day will add an additional day to the end of the school year.
4. “Ready to Run” Program: NJEA is offering scholarships for women interested in attending Rutgers University Campaign Training for Women. The program is designed to help prepare women to run for office, work on a campaign, or position themselves for other types of political leadership. For more information go to NJEA.org/ReadytoRun
5. Upcoming Workshop: Registration forms for the NJEA Winter Leadership Conference, which will be held on March 24 – 25 at the Hyatt Regency New Brunswick, are due to me by Friday.