1. Block Schedule: The CREA recently sent a Demand to Bargain letter to the administration over the proposed block schedule for next year. We did this because the schedules being presented to the Block Schedule Committee either violated our contract or drastically altered the terms and conditions of employment.
While the administration has a right to design a new schedule within our contractual hours/instructional minutes, the Demand to Bargain allows us to ensure that a switch to a block schedule will maintain all of our bargained rights (i.e., equal instructional minutes, overload stipends, etc.) and current terms and conditions of employment. This does not mean we are opening the contract.
- Education Support Professionals Conference: February 3 – 5 at the Hilton East Brunswick
- Health and Safety Conference: January 7 from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. at NJEA Headquarters in Trenton
- NJEA Legislative Conference: February 18 from 9 a.m. – 2 p.m. at the Doubletree Somerset Hotel
- Winter Leadership: March 24 – 25 at the Hyatt Regency New Brunswick